When you have a large number of contacts (professional and personal) in your Yahoo Mail account, you are more likely to get flooded with emails in your Inbox on a regular basis. Well, Yahoo Mail does offer a whopping 1 Terabyte (1 TB) of storage space, so it might take years to consume that much of space. However, it’s not at all impossible to reach that day, especially if you are dealing with large and rich file attachment emails. However, to avoid that day, you would want to consider keeping cleaning your Yahoo mail inbox from time to time.
To help you keep your Yahoo Mail Inbox clean and organized, we have provided below a list of essential tips that will help you efficiently manage and organize all your incoming emails.
Steps to Keep Clean Up and Organize Your Yahoo Mail Inbox
1.) Find Unwanted Emails
To clean up the inbox folder of your Yahoo Mail account, start by locating the unwanted emails in it. For that:
- You can make use of Search options. Just enter the email address of the sender whose emails you wish to delete from your inbox folder.
- Alternatively, you can enter any other related keywords to the unwanted emails (in the search bar) which you want to remove from your Yahoo Mail account.
2.) Delete Unwanted Emails
Once you get the list of unwanted emails, you wish to delete, simply select them and remove your Inbox folder. To select and delete such emails:
- If the emails you want to delete are in the consecutive queue, merely select the “checkbox” next to the first email in the line and then press “Shift” key on your keyboard and select the last email in the line you wish to delete. This will select all the emails between first and last email selected automatically.
- Once selected, click on the “Delete” option located on the top menu bar.
- All the emails will be sent to the “Trash” folder in your account.
- If you prefer, you can delete all the emails from the “Trash” folder in a similar way as suggested above.
NOTE: However, if the emails you wish to delete are not in the consecutive queue, you can select such multiple emails either manually or using the Basic or Advanced Search option.
3.) Report Spam
To keep your Yahoo email inbox free from unwanted emails (Spam messages), it is suggested to report about such emails to Yahoo. This is one of the ways to keep your Yahoo inbox clean from unwanted emails. To report Spam in your Yahoo Mail account:
- Go to your inbox folder in your Yahoo Mail account.
- Locate Spam emails using Search options.
- From the search result, select all the emails you wish to report as Spam.
- Once selected, click on the “Spam” option located at the top menu bar.
- Alternatively, you can click on the down icon located next to Spam option and choose the appropriate option from the drop-down menu that appears. The options you get in the drop-down menu includes:
- Report Spam
- Report a Hacked Account
- Report a Phishing Scam
- Not My Mail
- Also, you can right-click on the selected emails and choose the option – “This is Spam” from the drop-down menu.
4.) Block Email Address
Apart from reporting spam to Yahoo, you can also block a sender from sending you spam emails to your Yahoo Mail account permanently. To block an email address:
- Go to the “Gear” icon and select “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Under Settings page, click on the “Blocked Addresses” option.
- In the “Blocked Addresses” section, enter the email address of the sender whom you wish to block under “Add an address” field.
- Once added, click on the “Block” button located just next to “Add an address” field.
- After that, simply click on the Save button to apply the changes made.
- Blocking the email address of the sender will automatically block his/her emails from entering your inbox folder.
- This way you can block up to 1000 emails in your Yahoo Mail account.
5.) Create Filters to Organize Incoming Emails
If you are using your Yahoo Mail account for both professional and personal use, you can easily organize emails for both separately by creating filters. To know how to create a filter in your Yahoo Mail account:
- Go to “Gear” icon and select “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Settings” window, click on the “Filters” option.
- Now, click on the “Add” button located on the right-hand side under “Filters” section. This will pop-up a new window.
- In this new window, you will need to give this filter a suitable title under “Filter name” field.
- After that, make appropriate rules under section – “If an incoming message meets all of these conditions”.
- Then, go to section – “Then move the message to this folder” and select “New Folder” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a suitable title under “Folder name” field and click on the “OK” button.
- After that, click on the “Save” button and then again on the “Save” button to apply changes.
- This way the filter will sort incoming emails as per the rules configured in it. If the incoming email matches the rules set under this filter, the said emails will be automatically sent to the new folder formed under this filter.
So, this is how you can keep your Yahoo Mail inbox clean and organized for easy access and management of emails. However, in case you need further assistance regarding any of the above steps, you can always get in touch with our third-party Yahoo customer support team.